– A USC player from the late 1990s and early 2000s says Ed Orgeron called him a “motherf—-r” for leaving practice 20 minutes early once a week for a statistics class. Best quote: “He M-F’d me all over the place.” Orgeron did not comment.
– These won’t be on the field, but Arizona is getting some unique display-model facemasks — including ones with an A-logo and “Cats” script.
– Stanford released a slick “You Can Play” video, one that features forward Josh Huestis and running back Barry Sanders Jr. Athletic director Bernard Muir opens by setting up chairs for everyone.
– Oregon’s new $68 million football facility includes two long pools — one heated to 45 degrees and the other to 65 degrees.
– USA Today looks at the relationship between Parker Executive Search’s Chuck Neinas and former Colorado AD Mike Bohn.
– Washington coach Lorenzo Romar says his staff overhaul wasn’t a reaction to losses or recruiting misses.