The losing streak has gone on for so long that Takkarist McKinley can barely remember how many consecutive times he’s walked out of a stadium after a loss now.
Three times, he’s reminded. And four of the last five.
“We’ve just got to find a way just to win,” he responded Saturday after UCLA’s 52-45 loss to Utah at the Rose Bowl. “No excuses.”
Time is running out on UCLA’s season after another conference loss, this time an extra costly loss to a divisional opponent. By design, UCLA’s running game disappeared fully from the offense Saturday. The defense gave up a school record amount of rushing yards.
The Bruins are now 3-5 overall and 1-4 in Pac-12 play. Forget a shot at the Pac-12 championship. They need to win three of their last four to just earn bowl eligibility now.
Links to wrap up another loss:
- Recap from Clay Fowler as UCLA had a freaky Friday situation on its hands as the offense suddenly starts moving as the defense can’t made a stop
- From me: UCLA changes its offensive tactics and ends up with the same result
- From Jeff Miller: UCLA’s attempt to save the running game? Just don’t run.
- Notebook on some big statistical days from Mike Fafaul and McKinley
- Photos from staff photographer Thomas R. Cordova
- From the Salt Lake Tribune: Utah and Joe Williams needed only one play call to break the once formidable UCLA defense
- By the numbers:records fall in UCLA’s loss
- Game GIFs
- Video interviews