OH.@Takk can MOVE!
— NFL (@NFL) March 5, 2017
Although defensive end Takkarist McKinley came up short of his promised 4.4-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine, the former Bruin still was one of the star sprinters for his position on Sunday.
McKinley officially clocked in at 4.59 seconds for his 40, which placed him third among defensive linemen during Sunday’s on-field workouts in Indianapolis.
He participated in workouts despite an injured shoulder, which will require shoulder Monday. He told reporters Saturday that he played through the injury for two years at UCLA. Even with the injury, he got 24 bench press reps.
Despite testing well, McKinley faltered on some drills, making mistakes while at times guessing which direction to go.
Defensive lineman Eddie Vanderdoes and linebacker Jayon Brown also participated in on-field workouts Sunday. Here are the full results from each former Bruins’ tests:
- 40-yard dash: 4.59 seconds
- Bench press: 24 reps
- Vertical jump: 33.0 inches
- Broad jump: 122.0 inches (10 feet, 2 inches)
- 3 cone drill: 7.48 seconds
- 20-yard shuttle: 4.62 seconds
- 40-yard dash: 4.99 seconds
- Bench press: 28 reps (tied for seventh among defensive linemen)
- Vertical jump: 28.5 inches
- Broad jump: 111.0 inches (9 feet, 3 inches)
- 3 cone drill: 7.69 seconds
- 20-yard shuttle: 4.39 seconds (tied for 13th among DL, but no one who finished faster within the position weighed more than 277 pounds. Vanderdoes weighed in at 305.)
- 40-yard dash: 4.70 seconds
- Bench press: 17 reps
- Vertical jump: 31.5 inches
- Broad jump: 120 inches (10 feet)