Story on how UCLA is trying to stay away from any external expectations as the season draws nearer.
Notebook about freshmen Lokeni Toailoa, Boss Tagaloa and J.J. Molson
The first part of a countdown to kickoff series on the blog: 10 days until kickoff
Quick personnel notes from Wednesday’s practice
- Jacob Tuioti-Mariner (appendicitis) was on the sideline. Wednesday was his first day of activity.
- Deon Hollins switched his red no-contact jersey for a blue jersey, which is obviously a good sign as he’s working his way back from a concussion.
- No sign of Cameron Griffin (concussion) at practice.
- Alex Van Dyke and Ishmael Adams worked out on the sideline. Unsure for sure of the injuries. For what it’s worth, Van Dyke was sidelined for a few days with a groin injury during training camp in San Bernardino.
- Marcus Rios (foot), Paco Perez (knee) and Marcus Moore (back) were also on the sideline.