In this week’s podcast, Daily News staff writer Jon Gold and former UCLA starting quarterback Ben Olson talk about expanding the Pac 10.
They also cover:
UCLA junior defensive tackle Brian Price’s decision to enter the NFL draft and how long players in both football and basketball should stay in college before going pro — and who do they think will go pro in the next year?
* Jon and Ben look at UCLA’s football recruits and what they can do for the Bruins. They wonder, is the team too young?
* Jon and Ben make their predictions for UCLA’s record for the next football season
* Ben talks about the 2008 football season and how the team would have done with fewer injuries, and how UCLA can keep the talent level up through better recruiting
Jon and Ben talk about the near and not-so-near future for the UCLA basketball program and the Bruin’s Valentine’s Day rematch with USC. And ask such questions as:
* Can a freshman basketball player be a team leader?
* Should lesser football players leave a school like UCLA for better playing opportunities at a smaller school?
* And could Jon have been a prep football star at a different high school?
* Jon interviews Bruin freshman forward Tyler Honeycutt and senior shooting guard Michael Roll on their thoughts about facing USC on Sunday, Feb. 14 at the Galen Center.
Here’s a link to the latest Inside UCLA Podcast with Jon Gold and Ben Olsen on National Signing Day.
Today’s show includes Jon’s exclusive interview with head football coach Rick Neuheisel on UCLA’s incoming freshman, so go to the podcast blog to listen to the show or subscribe via iTunes or your favorite podcatching application.
You can listen to this podcast by clicking the play button above, downloading the MP3 file here, or clicking the links below or at the side of the blog to subscribe via iTunes or another podcasting application.
Inside UCLA Podcast 5 features Daily News staff writer Jon Gold and former UCLA starting quarterback Ben Olson discuss “The Wall,” the tradition in which UCLA football players go “over the wall” one day a year during practice in a tradition that goes back decades.
Today’s podcast also includes exclusive interviews with UCLA recruit Malcolm Jones, a running back/linebacker out of Oaks Christian, and UCLA starting quarterback Kevin Prince in advance of the team’s appearance in the EagleBank Bowl.
Listen to more Inside UCLA Podcasts at the podcast blog, where you can also subscribe with iTunes or any other podcasting application.
The Inside UCLA Podcast is produced by Jon Gold.
Recording and Engineering by Jon Gold and Steven Rosenberg.
In today’s podcast, Jon Gold welcomes special guest and Daily News columnist Ramona Shelburne as they debate the UCLA tradition of players skipping a practice before a bowl game and “going over the wall,” as they did Tuesday before the EagleBank Bowl.