Pending a perfect storm of certain teams losing, UCLA winning and the Bruins accepting a potential bowl bid at 5-7, this will be the end of a mediocre football season in Westwood.
The Bruins (4-7, 2-6 Pac-12) likely can’t salvage much from a season that was lost long ago with a win over Cal, but after limping to the finish line last year, going out on a high note could at least make the offseason the smallest bit easier.
UCLA will kick off against Cal (4-7, 2-6 Pac-12) in Berkeley at 4 p.m. with the TV broadcast on ESPN2.
Pregame reading links:
- The Bruins try to end a season full of lows with one small high
- Scouting report with my prediction
- Game day graph: How speed on offense affects efficiency on defense
- From earlier this week
- How teams can earn a bowl bid at 5-7
- Takkarist McKinley is coming home
- The UCLA defense will have its hands full with Davis Webb
- The ultimate matchup of futility: UCLA’s running game vs. Cal’s rushing defense
- Brandon Stephens and Jalen Starks have shown a little life for UCLA
- Answers to the weekly Q&A
- From Cal