UCLA had a very bad punting game last season as the Bruins once had a punt go 0 yards. Then Austin Kent outdid that effort with a minus-1-yard punt last week against Washington State.
The moment was a terrible low in what UCLA hopes will become a career full of highs for the freshman punter.
“He’s a young guy that hit a little dip,” head coach Jim Mora said, “and we have to help him get back on track so we’re really trying to do that and everybody’s encouraging him.”
- Answers to the weekly Q&A
- Five questions on Utah with The Salt Lake Tribune’s Kyle Goon
- Five questions about UCLA I answered for the Salt Lake Tribune
- Pro Football Focus has Eddie Vanderdoes ranked No. 18 on its list of the top 32 2017 NFL Draft prospects
- An NFL scout, speaking to SI’s MMQB.com, compared Takkarist McKinley to DeMarcus Ware