Here are some more scenes from UCLA’s time at Pac-12 Media Days.
Here are lots and lots of links for both days of Pac-12 Media Days and information on all 12 teams:
- Our main UCLA notebook: Jim Mora on Tom Bradley and Josh Rosen
- Jayon Brown on San Bernardino: “The ‘Dino is hot and it’s dry and it’s not a lovely place.”
- Mora talks about new alternate jerseys
- Video: 14 minutes of Mora’s podium session and a complete transcript
- Video: Brown and Conor McDermott
- Video: Media Day recap on Facebook Live
- From the L.A. Times: Rosen steals the show at media day without even being there
- From the Ventura County Star: Mora talks about Ishmael Adams moving to offense and UCLA’s desire to make amends for the way last season ended
Katie Richcreek and I recapped UCLA’s Pac-12 Media Day session on Facebook Live on Friday. We talked about the big UCLA news from the day: Tom Bradley, Josh Rosen and new uniforms.
Along with a new blue home jersey, the UCLA football team will have an alternate navy blue uniform, head coach Jim Mora said Friday at Pac-12 Media Day.
Mora worked with Adidas to redesign the primary home look due to recent complaints. The jersey was released on Twitter earlier this summer. The head coach said representing the alumni and the university “the way they want to be represented” is important to him, so he softened the blue color on the home jersey, changed the shine on the pants and extended the shoulder stripe.
— UCLA Football (@UCLAFootball) June 21, 2016
“The players love the look, I love the look,” Mora said. “I think it’s traditional. We put the TV numbers back on the shoulders. I love the uniform. I’ve always been a traditionalist. To me, it’s as traditional as we can get in this day and age.”
Mora said the alternate uniform will be the same structure as the primary jersey, but with possibly a different font for the numbers and a different color. The jersey will be navy blue and the players will wear blue pants, Mora said.
Click the above photo (or HERE) to see photos of UCLA and other Pac-12 teams during Day 2 of Pac-12 Media Days.
Above clockwise from top left: Head coach Jim Mora, linebacker Jayon Brown, offensive tackle Conor McDermott. Photos from John McCoy/Southern California News Group.