OL coach Adrian Klemm gets two-year show-cause order, fine for recruiting violations

The NCAA announced additional punishment in UCLA offensive line coach Adrian Klemm‘s recruiting violations case on Friday, handing out a two-year show-cause order and a $5,000 fine after Klemm admitted to paying for housing and private training for two prospects.

The NCAA accepted UCLA’s self-imposed penalties from last season, which included a two-game suspension for Klemm, who also holds the title of associate head coach along with his offensive line duties.

“While I certainly did not intentionally violate NCAA rules, the fact of the matter is that I did violate NCAA rules, and I accept full responsibility,” Klemm said in a statement released by UCLA althetics Friday. “I need to be aware of every rule, and I will be moving forward. I’m thankful that this process has concluded, and my focus remains squarely on our student-athletes and helping them achieve their goals.”

The show-cause order goes from Sept. 16, 2016 to Sept .15, 2018.

Klemm admitted to paying $2,400 for housing and private training for two prospects, according to the NCAA, but said he was not aware that he had violated NCAA rules because he thought the two prospects had signed National Letters of Intent.

Share this post:Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on RedditShare on TumblrShare on LinkedInEmail this to someonePrint this page

UCLA lands quarterback commit for class of 2017

2017 quarterback Austin Burton flipped his commitment from Boston College to UCLA on Monday. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound pro-style QB is a three-star prospect, according to ESPN, and a two-star according to 247Sports.

Burton is UCLA’s first quarterback commit in the class of 2017 and eighth commit overall. The Bruins were targeting San Clemente quarterback Jack Sears, but he committed to Duke earlier this month.

Share this post:Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on RedditShare on TumblrShare on LinkedInEmail this to someonePrint this page

Three-star DB Chris Wilson decommits from UCLA

Three-star defensive back Chris Wilson announced his decommitment from UCLA on Friday via Twitter, writing he is opening his recruitment “to seek better options” after receiving “increased interest.” The prospect from Hitchcock, Texas committed to UCLA on Aug. 2 as the first of five commits from during the month of August.

Share this post:Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on RedditShare on TumblrShare on LinkedInEmail this to someonePrint this page

UCLA picks up commitment from three-star DB Quentin Lake

UCLA continued its hot recruiting streak Tuesday with a commitment from three-star defensive back Quentin Lake.

Lake is UCLA’s fifth commitment in the month of August and the team’s eighth overall for the class of 2017. The 6-foot-1, 175-pound DB from Mater Dei was also considering USC and Pitt, among others.

He is the son of UCLA All-American cornerback Carnell Lake, who is currently the defensive backs coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Share this post:Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on RedditShare on TumblrShare on LinkedInEmail this to someonePrint this page

Three-star OL Jaxson Kirkland commits to UCLA

Three-star offensive lineman Jaxson Kirkland from Portland, Ore., announced his commitment to UCLA via Twitter on Sunday. The 6-foot-7, 300-pound lineman from Jesuit High was also considering California, Oregon State and Washington State.

He told Scout.com that he was looking to branch out of Oregon and had a good relationship with offensive line coach Adrian Klemm.

Kirkland is the seventh commit for UCLA in the class of 2017 and the fourth in the month of August.

Share this post:Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on RedditShare on TumblrShare on LinkedInEmail this to someonePrint this page