It’s almost here.
National Signing Day is less than 12 hours away. UCLA has two five-star recruits already and a plethora of defensive backs, but is still in the running for a few more players.
Here’s a full list of the 20 commits heading into Signing Day. Below are some names to watch out for Wednesday and how they might fit in with this recruiting class:
- RB Stephen Carr — UPDATE: Carr, as anticipated, stuck with his USC commitment. Carr is a definite don’t-count-on-it for Wednesday. He would be UCLA’s last hope at a running back in this class.
- LB Levi Jones — UPDATE: Jones picks USC. The four-star linebacker from Westlake (Texas) is slated to announce his decision live on ESPN U at 5 a.m. PT. He’s choosing between Florida, Florida State, Texas A&M, UCLA and USC. UCLA only has one linebacker in this class in Rahyme Johnson, but lost three key seniors from the group in Jayon Brown, Cameron Judge and Isaako Savaiinaea.
- WR DeAndre McNeal — UPDATE: McNeal tells 247 Sports that he’s picking Florida Atlantic. The junior college transfer recently received an offer from Missouri, which could complicate his decision. He was seen as a likely UCLA commit out of Fullerton College. The Bruins don’t have any receivers in this class, but also did not graduate any from last year’s team.
- DE Cassius Peat — The one-time UCLA commit wavered when he went back to Michigan State for a visit, so it’s very possible he’ll be returning to East Lansing and spurning UCLA twice in his recruiting career after he passed on the Bruins out of high school too.
- LB Mohamed Sanogo — UPDATE: Sanogo picks Ole Miss. UCLA is in Sanogo’s top three, along with Mississippi State and Ole Miss. He’s another four-star linebacker from Texas, and won the overall MVP for Team USA in the North American Championships. He’ll announce his commitment at 6 a.m. PT.
- OL Stephan Zabie — UPDATE: Zabie picks UCLA. Zabie will announce his decision alongside high-school teammate Jones at 5 a.m. PT. He’s also considering Texas and Ole Miss. The 6-foot-5, 290-pound four-star would be one of UCLA’s top-rated offensive lineman on this class, alongside Kanan Ray. UCLA had a big need at offensive line after last season and has four linemen committed heading into Signing Day.