On today’s podcast, Daily News UCLA beat reporter Jon Gold and former UCLA quarterback Ben Olson look at the changing fortunes of the Bruin football squad as the team begins Pac-10 this Saturday against Washington State at the Rose Bowl after last week’s huge win over Texas.
Among the things they discussed are:
- The running vs. passing game — Ben thinks you can successfully throw the ball out of the pistol offense, and a team needs to commit to the passing game in order to reach “elite status” in college football.
- Top QB recruit Brett Hundley is a dual threat. Should Kevin Prince be worried? Jon asks. Job security for a QB is not a given, says Ben
- Washington State has no chance and is not a threat in any way, says Jon.
- Texas is a game-changing win that should boost recruiting for UCLA.
- How is the pac-10 looking? Cal is showing a lot of weakness. UCLA is a “sleeping giant,” says Ben.
- Predictions: Ben – UCLA 45, Washington State 3: Jon – UCLA 34, Washington State 10.
Listen to today’s podcast by clicking the play button above, downloading the MP3 directly, or going to the podcast home page and subscribing to the feeds for iTunes or your favorite podcast-listening application.
The Inside UCLA Podcast is produced by Jon Gold and Steven Rosenberg.