After posted responses, there’s no real problem here in determining which high school overall has the toughest road through the area’s preleague football schedules.
With four Division I opponents, and another potential challenger in L.A.’s Garfield, the Swordsmen will have little time to lollygag their way to Mission League play.
Rating the rest of the area’s Top 5 preleague schedules:
2) La Habra: Dangerous Downey looks easy compared to next four games
3) Santa Fe: Could be 0-3 going into Week 4
4) Pioneer: Charter Oak, Cypress, St. Paul … whew!
5) La Mirada: First four teams won 35 games last season (I know, I know, that was last season)
A look at the rest:
6) California, 7) La Serna, 8) Schurr, 9) El Rancho, 10) Whittier
Christian, 11) Whittier, 12) Cantwell, 13) Montebello.
These ratings are based on the competitive potential of the opponent vs.
the area school involved … and, of course, subject to revision at a