High School Notebook: Wrestling teams set for league finals

By Eric Terrazas, Staff Writer
twitter.com/WhittierPreps

Area wrestling teams will face a day of reckoning this weekend as they participate in their respective league finals.

The Del Rio League finals are scheduled for Saturday at El Rancho High School. Wrestling is set to start at 9 a.m.

California, which captured the Del Rio League crown with a 5-0 record, will seek to add to its success.

Santa Fe (4-1 in league), which was ranked No. 6 in the midseason CIF-Southern Section Division 4 poll, will also look to make its presence felt.

The event will also feature participants from La Serna, El Rancho, Pioneer and Whittier.

Schurr will host the Almont League finals at 10a.m. on Saturday. The Spartans, who captured their fifth consecutive league crown with a 5-0 record, are ranked No. 5 in Division 5.

Montebello will also look to make an impact at the Almont finals. The Oilers finished 4-1 in league.

La Mirada, ranked No. 8 in Division 5, will participate in Saturday’s Suburban League finals that are scheduled to start at 10 a.m. at Glenn High School.

La Habra will take part in Saturday’s Freeway League finals, slated for 9 a.m. at Sonora High School in La Habra. The Highlanders finished with a 3-2 league mark.

St. Paul, which revived its wrestling program after a 22-year absence, will participate in the Rio Hondo League finals scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Santa Fe Middle School, 148 W. Duarte Road in Monrovia.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Email