Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal were laughing as they came onstage to introduce their film “Brokeback Mountain” and laughed all they way through as they read the description. I’m not going to theorize what happened backstage that gave them their cases of the giggles.
Yet again: Reese Witherspoon is named Best Actress for “Walk the Line.” Honestly, is there any point in watching the Oscars at this point? “I can’t shake the feeling that I’m just a little girl from Tennessee,” she says, less convincingly than she was in “Walk the Line.” Not a bad tribute to June Carter Cash, though, talking about how she labored, undeservingly, in Johnny’s shadow. But then, thanking her co-star Joaquin Phoenix, she said, “Without your John, there’s no June.” Wait — but you just said …
- saudi airlines on Oscars: George Pennacchio’s last stand
- photographe on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Corina Alvelo on “Munich:” No comment, no love
- darkness prince on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Yasmin Corsino on Halle Berry glad she wore underwear…