There were no surprises on the Reign’s protected list, announced Wednesday:
Kellen Briggs, Dusty Collins, Chris Curran, Curtis Darling, Mike
Egener, Jon Francisco, Shawn Germain, Greg Hogeboom, Todd Jackson, Dan Knapp, Tim
Kraus, Peter Lenes, Andrew Martens, James McEwan, Sean O’Connor, Robert Pearce,
Jon Rheault, Chad Starling, Jason Tejchma, Luis Tremblay, Tony Voce, David
Walker, Geoff Walker, Mike Zacharias.
Teams are allowed to sign players on their own protected list up until July 1. At that time, teams will be able to make Qualifying Offers to as many as eight players for the 2010-11 season.
As defined in Article 1 of the ECHL/PHPA Collective Bargaining Agreement, teams shall retain the Rights to each Player that:
1. Signed a standard player contract in 2009-10 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2009-10, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2009-10 regular season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.