Santa Catalina Island offers a new Unlimited Activities Package – www.VisitCatalinaIsland.com <http://www.VisitCatalinaIsland.com>
— ideal for families.
For the price of a room and boat
transportation, families receive admission to tours and activities
offered by the Santa Catalina Island Company, free of charge.
The offer is effective through Nov. 1.
This package begins at $133 a person per night midweek and $185 a person per night on weekends,
with a two night minimum based on double occupancy. Kids aged 2 – 11
stay free in parents’ room and get activities
Their only cost is the boat ride at $47 round trip –
Family friendly activities include miniature golf,
Undersea Tour, Flying Fish Tour, Seal Rocks Tour, Avalon Scenic Tour,
first run movies in the Avalon Theatre and access to Descanso Beach
The package also includes lodging at Pavilion Lodge or Hotel Atwater
and round trip transportation aboard the Catalina Express. The Pavilion Lodge is just 14 steps from the beach and
the historic Hotel Atwater is located in the center of
town. Boats depart frequently from Long Beach, San Pedro, and Dana
Guests have unlimited free access to the following activities on a space available basis:
Discovery Tours Offerings. (Each normally priced between $17 and $80!)
The Cape Canyon Tour and Sundown Isthmus Cruise are excluded but may be
- Behind The Scenes Casino Tour – New!
Get an unprecedented look at the off-limits rooms and backstage areas
of this history rich building and feel what it was like during Avalon’s
- Avalon Scenic Tour
– The highest customer rated tour takes you through the heart of Avalon
and into the surrounding hillsides where our knowledgeable guides tell
you the stories of Avalon’s past and present.
- Skyline Drive
– A scenic 2-hour tour into the island’s interior along impressive
vistas to the Nature Center at Catalina’s Airport-in-the-Sky.
- Classic Inland Motor Tour
– Journey deep into the island’s rugged interior to see native plants
and wildlife, incredible scenery, and the Wrigley’s Rancho Escondido
Arabian Horse Ranch.
- Flying Fish Boat Trip
– Take an unbelievable night-time cruise aboard the “Blanche W” to see
Catalina Island’s famous flying fish leap and glide above the water.
- Glass Bottom Boat – Visit the Lover’s Cove Marine Preserve, where colorful fish and marine plants thrive among the kelp forests.
- Undersea Tour –
Cruise five feet below the surface of the ocean in our spacious
semi-submersible to get up close and personal with the aquatic wildlife
in Lover’s Cove.
- Night-time Glass Bottom Boat and Undersea Tours – Experience the ocean world in a new light as nocturnal sea creatures come out from hiding.
- Seal Rocks Cruise
– Cruise to the east end of the island to get a first-hand look at a
California Sea Lion colony and watch them play, feed and sun in their
- Casino Tour – Tour the world-famous Casino Ballroom and Theater with its fabulous murals and art-deco elegance.
- GPS Ranger Walking Tour – Stroll through the streets of Avalon at your own pace with your own handheld multimedia guide.
rounds of golf at the historic 9-hole Catalina Island Golf Course
located in Avalon Canyon. (Club and cart rental additional)
- Unlimited hourly tennis court rental at the Catalina Country Club.
- Unlimited rounds of miniature golf at the newly renovated Golf Gardens miniature golf course in the heart of Avalon.
admission to the Descanso Beach Club, Avalon’s only beachside
restaurant and bar, located just past the Casino Building.
admission to nightly showings of first run movies at the beautiful
Avalon Theatre located in the Avalon Casino, as well as weekend organ
recitals on the antique Page Theater Organ.
Tours or activities are booked space-available, and reservations must
be made at the hotel front desk on the same day or no earlier than 6 p.m. of the day prior to the tour or activity. Hotel and transportation
reservations are subject to availability. To book this package or for details call
800-322-3434 or visit online http://www.VisitCatalinaIsland.com