Formerly known as Best of Broadway, the SHN Series will bring Broadway
to the Bay Area this fall with a dynamic series at the Orpheum, Curran
and Golden Gate Theatres in San Francisco.
The series opens with “Hair: The American
Tribal Love-Rock Musical, 2009 Tony award winner for best musical
revival, Oct. 25-Nov. 20, 2011 at the Golden Gate Theater.
Other shows in order of performances are:
- “STOMP,” the percussive international sensation, returns Oct. 14-23 to the Orpheum Theatre.
- Kevin Spacey is featured in Richard III, directed by Sam Mendes, Oct. 19-29 at the Curran Theatre.
- Directed by Bill T. Jones, “Fela” a provocative hybrid of dance,
theater and music, explores the world of Afrobeat legend Fela Kuti, Nov.
15-Dec. 11 at the Curran Theatre.
- “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical” breathes
new life into this timeless tale of the real meaning of Christmas Dec.
21-31 at the Golden Gate Theatre.
- “Bring It On: The Musical,” a brand new musical comedy comes along Dec. 15, 2011-Jan. 7, 2012 at the Orpheum Theatre.