* A fairly typical Wednesday practice today, with good focus and a sharp passing game.
* Kevin Prince got the majority of reps at first-team quarterback, including the entire practice-closing two-minute drill. He looked really crisp today, as did Richard Brehaut.
* Kip Smith missed practice today again with a hip flexor injury, but Neuheisel said he expects him to be good for Saturday. Jeff Locke got more kicking reps as Joe Roberts remains out with a leg injury. UCLA also had a one-day tryout for Tyler Gonzalez, who is involved with the club soccer program at UCLA. Gonzalez had 22 PATs and six field goals as a senior at Fullerton High in 2006 and is a senior at UCLA. Neuheisel was pleased with his effort, which included a short field goal at the end of two-minute drill.
“By rule we can have a couple of day tryouts, so we’ll see how it works,” Neuheisel said.
* A ton of rotation today on the offensive line, including Brett Downey seeing some first-team reps at tackle throughout the day.
* Tony Dye was once again in a red no-contact jersey.