Kenny Young won three Louisiana state titles in high school. He was never accustomed to the crushing feeling of a loss. It’s something he’s been forced to get acquainted with in the past two seasons in Westwood, but the senior linebacker is starting to grow tired of it.
“This losing stuff’s gotta go, man,” Young said last week after UCLA’s loss to Arizona. “It’s frustrating.”
If UCLA doesn’t kick the losing habit Saturday against Oregon, it could also lose its bowl hopes. With their season resting precariously at 3-3 overall, UCLA needs a win against the Ducks before back-to-back road games against Washington and Utah.
Saturday’s game is scheduled for a 1 p.m. kickoff on Pac-12 Networks with a radio broadcast on AM 1150 or AM 570.
All your pregame reading:
- Preview on Royce Freeman, UCLA’s running game and Oregon’s winning streak
- Scouting report, injuries and my prediction
- Pre-game graph: How did the Bruins get here?
- From earlier this week:
- How do you build confidence after a loss? UCLA is trying to find out.
- Austin Roberts is still growing into the leading tight end role
- Gary Beban will be honored Saturday for the 50th anniversary of his Heisman Trophy. What does the UCLA legend think about the current state of college athletics?
- UCLA’s defensive struggles are eating at Jim Mora
- Too many on offense, not enough on defense. UCLA can’t win when it comes to turnovers.
- Answers to your questions in our weekly Q&A
- On Oregon:
- From the Oregonian: Oregon doesn’t need backup quarterback Braxton Burmeister to be a hero against the Bruins, but the Ducks need him to be efficient
- From the Register-Guard: Oregon LB Troy Dye knows all about Josh Rosen