Scott Quessenberry sighs when he thinks about what his last game at the Rose Bowl will be like.
“It’s going to be emotional,” the redshirt senior said.
It’s especially difficult for UCLA’s seniors knowing that Jim Mora won’t be there to send them out of the Rose Bowl tunnel one last time against Cal on Friday.
“He’s one of the reasons why I came 1,800 miles away, from Louisiana, to be a part of this organization,” senior Kenny Young said. “He is a real mentor. He’s a great guy, a great guy at the end of the day. And I wish I could’ve shook his hand and hugged him for my last game.”
UCLA will try to send its seniors off right at the Rose Bowl by earning another game. If the Bruins beat Cal, they’ll be heading to a bowl game.
The game is at 7:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1 with radio on AM 570.
- Senior night. Perfect home season. Bowl eligibility. UCLA has a lot on the line against Cal
- Scouting report with injuries and my prediction
- Pregame graph: One last look at the Mora era
- From Yahoo: Florida is moving on from Chip Kelly, so is the path clear for UCLA?
- From earlier this week
- It’s Jedd Fisch‘s show now and he wants to honor Mora
- Josh Rosen says he’s “forever indebted” to Mora
- Despite a wild week in Westwood, UCLA tries to keep its focus on the field
- Young will be putting his No. 42 jersey on for a final time at the Rose Bowl but doesn’t want Friday to be the last time ever
- Answers to the weekly Q&A
- On Cal: