- saudi airlines on Oscars: George Pennacchio’s last stand
- photographe on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Corina Alvelo on “Munich:” No comment, no love
- darkness prince on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Yasmin Corsino on Halle Berry glad she wore underwear…
Monthly Archives: December 2005
“Syriana” is an urgent movie about highly charged subject matter unafraid of challenging its viewers, but who wants to bet that the DVD will feature “Bonus Extra: The Entire Actual Film That Fills In All Those Things You Were Unclear … Continue reading
“Brokeback Mountain” is undeniably a beautiful film whose laconicism somehow makes its love story all the more affecting. What I wonder about is how the seemingly endless parade of stories (Frank Rich weighed in nicely today in The New York … Continue reading
American awards-showering bodies have so far overlooked “The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada,” the darkly comic, exquisitely shot, modern Western morality tale starring and directed by Tommy Lee Jones. But the French, as they often do before us, got it … Continue reading
His Golden Globe nomination secure, “My Name is Earl” star Jason Lee was at work in the SFV Friday outside a car wash at the corner of Reseda boulevard and Saticoy.
It’s an old saw that comedies and comic actors tend to get short shrift when it comes to awards, but with this year’s Golden Globes nominees, comedies and comic performers can’t even get nominated in their own categories.
One of the most interminable awards ceremonies I ever had to sit (slump, lie down) through and trust me, this is saying something was the Writers Guild Awards, which is curious, since youd think a group of writers just might … Continue reading
Most years, the Golden Globes are all about allowing members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association to rub elbows with the likes of Eva Longoria or Madonna or whoever the It Girl of the moment may be. This year, the … Continue reading
So I’m staring at the name “Nathan Lane” among the Golden Globe’s nominees for best actor in a musical or comedy, and I’m thinking that against the likes of fellow nominees Johnny Depp, Jeff Daniels, Cillian Murphy, Joaquin Phoenix and … Continue reading
10. “Your saddle is Versace.” 9. “Instead of ‘Home On The Range’, you sing ‘It’s Raining Men.’” 8. “You enjoy ridin’, ropin’, and redecoratin.’” 7. “Sold your livestock to buy tickets to ‘Mamma Mia.’” 6. “After watching reruns of ‘Gunsmoke’, … Continue reading