Well, this one is pretty simplistic, as the three teams have already been decided. It’s that pesky business of seeding that is at play here.
1. Ayala (8-1, 4-0): By virtue of their victory over Chino Hills last week, the Bulldogs will be the fifth different Sierra champion in three years with a victory over Glendora tomorrow. A loss though would either give Ayala the No. 2 seed if Chino Hills loses or subject it to a three-way coin flip for seeding if Chino Hills wins.
2. Chino Hills (8-1, 3-1): Chino Hills’ only shot at getting the No. 1 seed involves a win over Diamond Bar and a Glendora win over Ayala. In that case, a three-way flip would take place between the Huskies, Ayala and Glendora. A Glendora loss would give Chino Hills the No. 2 slot no matter what, while a loss and a Glendora win would drop the Huskies to the No. 3 seed.
3. Glendora (6-3, 3-1): The Tartans can win the No. 1 if they beat Ayala and Chino Hills loses to Diamond Bar by virtue of a head-to-head win over Ayala. They’d be in a three-way flip with a win and a Chino Hills win. A loss and a Chino Hills loss would knock Glendora to the No. 3 seed by virtue of Chino Hills’ victory over Glendora.
4. Damien (2-7, 1-3): Eliminated from playoff contention.
5. Diamond Bar (4-5, 1-3): Eliminated from playoff contention.
6. Chino (2-7, 0-4): Eliminated from playoff contention.