Check out the latest batch of weekly answers…
1) Do you truly believe that the ESPN Confer…I mean the Big East Conference deserves/will get 11 teams in this year (as some have been saying over the past week)? – JJA42
Yes I do, as crazy as that sounds.
2) Several recuiting services have upgraded the status of Texas point guard LJ Rose recently. Do the Bruins have a chance at landing him?
UCLA definitely has interest, and they have a shot, but I’d be surprised ended up in Westwood.
3) Jon, What’s up buddy, How good can this B-Ball Team be if everyone comes back next year? And with the wear twins contributing? – lbbruin
I would think UCLA would start in the top-15 if everyone returned next season. How they finished would be determined by how they played, but there is reason for optimism. It’d be a very good team.
4) Is Anthony Jefferson going to get a medical redshirt? He played in less than 30% of the games… – Ryan
UCLA has applied for one, but they haven’t heard back. Also, the Bruins have applied for Koster and Tepa, and awaiting word. All three meet the criteria, so they should be feeling good about their chances.
5) How much of the playbook is given to the players during spring practice? – Clyde
In a year like this, with BOTH coordinators replaced, I would assume a lot of the playbook is going to be installed early, so the players can grasp the root concepts. However, it’s a strange year, so I don’t know exactly what they’ll do. That’s something we’ll ask during the pre-spring ball conferences.