– Running back Damien Thigpen (ankle) game-time decision for UCLA this Saturday. Head coach Jim Mora said he liked how tailbacks Jordon James (ankle) and Malcolm Jones (head) have looked in practice, however.
– Cornerback Fabian Moreau (hamstring) is also a game-time decision. If he doesn’t play, the team could slide Anthony Jefferson or Randall Goforth over from safety.
– After Thursday’s practice, the Bruins went to Pink Taco on Sunset, partnering with PATH to serve meals to more than 500 homeless people.
“I think it’s going to be a great experience for our kids,” Mora said. “I think it’s a great way for us to spend a couple of hours on Thanksgiving to give back a little bit.”
– Mora couldn’t quite remember whether or not he played at the Coliseum when he was a walk-on at Washington. He might not have made the travel team then. He does, however, remember going to the stadium as a child when his father as an assistant at UCLA, and pointed out again how much he liked seeing both teams wear home uniforms.
– “Let them go home, eat turkey, lay on the couch and watch football. That’s what you’re supposed to do on Thanksgiving.”
– Mora said USC safety Su’a Cravens, like Myles Jack, is “a cut above” where the Pac-12′s other true freshmen stand.
– The UCLA managers defeated the USC managers, 25-7, yesterday. It was their third straight victory.
– Happy Thanksiving, everyone!