UCLA was a 16-point underdog against No. 11 USC, and lost by five, but left at least nine easy points on the field in its 28-23 loss to the Trojans on Saturday at the Coliseum.
The Bruins (5-6, 3-5 Pac-12) lost their third straight game to USC and it cost head coach Jim Mora his job as UCLA announced his firing on Sunday morning.
Offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch will take over as interim head coach as the Bruins have a chance to secure bowl eligibility on Nov. 24 at the Rose Bowl against California.
Here are links to wrap up Mora’s final game with the Bruins:
- Gamer: UCLA threatens, but USC avoids disaster
- Analysis: UCLA can’t overcome self-inflicted wounds
- Notebook: Jordan Lasley, the rare Serra product come to UCLA, burns his former teammates
- Photos from Keith Birmingham
- Game GIFs: How fans reacted to UCLA’s loss
- Video interviews
- On USC:
- The Trojans won but not many were celebrating Saturday night
- From columnist Mark Whicker: USC grinds out a tough 10th win of the season
*No full “about last night” review this week. There are a few other things to take care of this Sunday after all.