The project took just over three weeks to complete.
Highlights of the refresh include repainting the formerly white exterior in vibrant colors, new wood flooring and updated seating in the main dining room.
In general, the restaurant — which opened in October 2000 — has a brighter, more modern look.
In addition, the restaurant now has a dedicated event space and banquet center for large groups.
The restaurant, truly a family-run operation, is even decorated with family photos from co-founder Mary Vasquez’s hometown of Celaya, Mexico.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday. Note that the cantina is open until 11 p.m. on Friday.
The chain also includes another Corona restaurant at 2715 Lakeshore Drive and one in Foothill Ranch, as well as well as 18 Miguel’s Jr. quick service restaurants in the Inland Empire and Orange County.
A reopening ceremony will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday (April 19).
For more information, click here.
In celebration of the refreshed restaurant, we have several goodies to give away, courtesy of the folks from Miguel’s.
Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- Eight $10 gift cards, good at either Miguel’s or Miguel’s Jr.
- Five free appetizer (with the purchase of an entrée) cards, good at Miguel’s.
- Three free burrito cards, good at Miguel’s Jr.
To enter, all you need to do is simply leave a comment below, before 5 p.m. Friday, April 27. Good luck!
Here are the rules:
- One comment per person.
- Your email address or social media account (linked to your Disqus profile) will only be used to contact you in the event you win.
- Employees of MediaNews Group/Digital First Media and its affiliates, along with members of the employees’ immediate families are ineligible to win. Sorry, Mom.
- The contest ends at 5 p.m. PDT Friday, April 27, 2018.
- Sixteen (16) winners will be chosen at random via random.org after the close of the contest. Eight (8) winners will receive a $10 Miguel’s/Miguel’s Jr. gift card. Five (5) winners will receive a card redeemable for a free appetizer (with the purchase of an entrée) at Miguel’s. Three (3) winners will receive a card redeemable for a free burrito at Miguel’s Jr.
- Winners agree to have their name mentioned in the Dine 909 blog and/or newspaper column.
Sorry for the delay, folks, but the good news is that everyone’s a winner! According to the draw from random.org, the following commenters have won the $10 Miguel’s/Miguel’s Jr. gift cards:
- Lyndsay Johnson
- Christina Kina Fields
- Jamie Santos
- Lorena Marie Perez
- Lio Woo
- Raylene Sausedo
Here are the winners of the cards for a free appetizer (with the purchase of an entrée) at Miguel’s:
- Jak Muerto
- Rosa cuevas
- Michelle Cozier Hunley
- teresa reyes
And finally, the winner of a card for a free burrito at Miguel’s Jr.”
- Jami Lynn Sams
There were two free burrito cards left over, so those were also randomly distributed, but you’ll have to wait until the prizes come in the mail to see if you’re a double winner!
I’ll be contacting all the winners to get their mailing addresses, so be sure to check your email/social media feeds.