UCLA defensive tackle Eddie Vanderdoes looks ready to go. Coming off an ACL injury, he hit a 418-pound hang clean earlier this week. As teammate Jayon Brown said at Pac-12 Media Days, “big, bad Eddie” is back.
Vanderdoes hits a 418lb hang clean today in training. @UCLAFootball #GoBruins pic.twitter.com/RwVdSSOQw6
— Sal Alosi (@Coach_Alosi) July 25, 2016
Catching up on other links:
- Men’s basketball news in case you missed it: Home and away series for Pac-12 play were announced yesterday and Jonah Bolden ditches college to go pro.
- Josh Rosen is the best true sophomore in college football, according to NFL.com.
- There will be 35 UCLA Olympians in Rio next month. Here’s a full list from UCLA.
- Takkarist McKinley is one of Bruce Feldman’s top-20 “freaks” of college football. McKinley checks in at No. 7 due to the fact that he still has the speed of a sprinter in the body of a defensive end.
- Eight questions from the UCLA athletic department with UCLA football and basketball’s new voice Josh Lewin. Lewin talks about his funny childhood connection with the Bruins and that he wants this to be his “last new job.”