Redlands’ Hangar 24 Craft Brewery will celebrate its barrel-aged brews during its second annual Pugachev’s Barrel-Aged Beer Festival on Saturday (December 7).
You can call it the Pugafest for short.
The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the brewery. However, those who have achieved bronze level or higher in the brewery’s Frequent Flyer loyalty program can begin sampling at 10 a.m.
Cost is $25 for eight samples. Beer lovers will have 24 different barrel-aged beers from which to choose.
Every vintage of the Barrel Roll series will be available, along with a few “remixed” versions:
- 2010 Immelmann
- 2012 Immelmann Rye Whiskey Barrel
- 2013 Immelmann
- 2013 Immelmann Rye Whiskey Barrel
- 2013 Immelmann Wheat Whiskey Barrel
- 2011 Humpty Bump
- 2011 Pugachev’s Cobra
- 2012 Pugachev’s Cobra
- 2012 Pugachev’s Cobra Rye Whiskey Barrel
- 2013 Pugachev’s Cobra
- 2013 Pugachev’s Cobra Rye Whiskey Barrel
- 2013 Pugachev’s Cobra Wheat Whiskey Barrel
- 2012 Hammerhead
- 2013 Hammerhead
- 2013 Hammerhead Brandy Barrel
- 2012 Chandelle
- 2013 Slow Roll
- 2013 Tailslide
- 2012 Fourth Anniversary Rye Whiskey Barrel
- 2013 Gourdgeous Bourbon Barrel
- 2013 Gourdgeous/Hammerhead Bourbon Barrel Blend
- 2013 Vinaceous Brandy Barrel
- 2012 Warmer Rye Whiskey Barrel
- 2013 Warmer Rye Whiskey Barrel
That day, the brewery will also be releasing this year’s edition of Pugachev’s Cobra, its Russian Imperial Stout aged eight months in bourbon barrels, as well as Pugachev Royale, which is Pugachev’s Cobra with added cacao nibs and vanilla beans, aged an additional 10 months in brandy barrels.
Only around 400 bottles of Pugachev’s Royale were produced.
A 750mL bottle of Pugachev’s Cobra will cost $20 (limit six), while a 330mL bottle of Pugachev Royale will cost $15 (limit one).
The tasting room will be open from 11 a.m. to midnight for purchases of Pugachev’s Cobra, Pugachev Royale and all regular beer purchases.
Three bands (Claremont Voodoo Society, Hobo Jazz, My Own Holiday) will entertain and Slater’s 50/50 will be serving up a selection of decadent burgers from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Hangar 24 Craft Brewery is at 1710 Sessums Drive.
For more information, click here.