Upland’s Mes Amis restaurant is hosting its inaugural four-course wine pairing dinners on Jan. 22 and 23.
Two price levels are available: $75 and $125.
The $75 dinner features a selection of Lebanese wines, while the $125 dinner features the recently released 2012 Opus One.
Here’s a look at the courses and pairings for the dinners:
- First course: Anissa (Persian cucumber, cantaloupe, mint, and pomegranate with garlic lemon olive oil dressing)
- Second course: Ali Basha (fried cauliflower with pickled onion, samak, parsley, tomato and peppers)
- Third course: Choice of grilled tenderloin of beef with brandy Merlot cream sauce; baby organic chicken breast with apricot cranberry sauce; or poached salmon Sancho with champagne blood orange sauce with jalapeño Sancho sauce
- Fourth course: Ashta ice cream and pistachio baklava
Wine pairings (Opus One — $125):
- First course: 2012 Château Ksara Chardonnay Cuvée des Papes (Bekaa Valley)
- Second course: 2012 Domaine Wardy Cabernet Sauvignon (Bekaa Valley)
- Third course: 2012 Opus One (Napa Valley)
- Fourth course: Croft 10 Year Old Tawny Porto (Douro Valley)
Wine pairings (Lebanese wines — $75):
- First course: Domaine Wardy Clos Blanc (Bekaa Valley)
- Second course: 2010 Massaya Silver Selection (Bekaa Valley)
- Third course: 2010 Domaine des Tourelles Marquis des Beys (Bekaa Valley)
- Fourth course: Shushi Semi Sweet / Dry Pomegranate (Armenia)
Only 40 spots are available for each seating.
Reservations can be made by calling the restaurant at 909-660-2081.
The Upland Mes Amis is at 131 W. Foothill Blvd., Unit A. There are also locations in Chino Hills and London.
Updates and more information can be found on the location’s Facebook page.