NOTE: This may or may not be the last Top 25 before the season. Depends how much I find out during August. Regardless, this will take a focus on what was learned (heard) during the spring/summer passing/linemen competition circuit.
1. Bishop Amat — Most athletic Lancers defense in some time.
2. Charter Oak — Pac-5 level talent in the skill spots.
3. La Mirada — Reloaded. Only concern is chemistry.
4. Glendora — Even with Fink, not impressive on passing circuit.
5. St. Francis — Word is Knights are down a notch.
6. West Covina — Promising better pass attack.
7. La Habra — Offensive skill talent is scary.
8. La Serna — LB Campos looks like special talent.
9. San Marino — No real word on if defense is better.
10. Monrovia — Line play looking real strong.
11. Northview — Word is line play is down from ’14.
12. Damien — Word is there’s minor improvement in talent.
13. Los Altos — Weight room numbers are scary.
14. Muir — QB and line concerns remain.
15. Bonita — About the same as last year.
16. South Hills — Guessing game in several key spots.
17. San Dimas — My, how soon we forget.
18. Diamond Ranch — Talent lacking in key spots, I’m told.
19. El Rancho — Not getting much info on this team.
20. La Salle — Talent level didn’t drop too but it’s young.
21. St. Paul — Mystery team due to skill talent questions.
22. Montebello — Defense and running game still look good.
23. El Monte — Two very legit skill players at QB and RB.
24. Arroyo — Strong line play. Like really strong.
25. Rosemead — Word is Panthers way down along both lines.