Gavin Pachot has stepped down as head football coach at Rialto, saying, “I really feel like. the direction I was moving with the football team was not the same as the administration.”
In four seasons as head coach at Rialto, Pachot, a 1989 Fontana grad, was 24-20 with three playoff appearances. Prior to Pachot becoming the head coach, Rialto was 11-69 in the previous eight seasons. He said he plans on coaching next season and in fact was scheduled to be interviewed for the Summit head coaching job on Wednesday.
Unless I’m missing one, here’s the updated list of San Bernardino County head football coaching changes, with old coach, (2013 record in parentheses) and new coach
Arroyo Valley: old coach Tony DiThomas (3-7); new coach Demetrius Stewart
Cajon: old coach Kim Battin (2-8), new coach Nick Rogers
Don Lugo: old coach Lou Randall (3-7), new coach TBA
Ontario: old coach Ron Stocking Jr/ interim coach Ryan Alvarez (1-9); new coach TBA
Rialto: old coach Gavin Pachot (6-5), new coach TBA
Rim of the World: old coach Bob Gradillas (8-4), new coach TBA
Summit: old coach Cesar Villalobos (5-6), new coach TBA
Because the MRL was so easy, I thought I’d write this before getting some sleep. Also helps that its not excessively complicated, as there’s only one game that really matters this week.
1) Colony (8-1, 4-0): Has clinched the No. 1 seed out of the Mt. Baldy League regardless of what it does tonight against Montclair by virtue of winning the head-to-head tiebreaker with Chaffey.
2) Chaffey (5-4, 3-1): Has clinched the No. 2 seed out of the Mt. Baldy League regardless of what it does tonight against Ontario because it loses the head-to-head tiebreaker to Colony and owns the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Don Lugo-Garey winner.
3) Don Lugo (5-4, 2-2): Would clinch the No. 3 seed out of the league with a win over Garey tonight because it loses the head-to-head tiebreaker with Chaffey if the Tigers lose. A loss would eliminate the Conquistadores, as there’s no chance of the Mt. Baldy League getting the at-large bid.
4) Garey (4-5, 2-2): The Vikings would clinch the No. 3 seed out of the league with a win over Don Lugo tonight because they lose the head-to-head tiebreaker to Chaffey if the Tigers lose. A loss would eliminate Garey from playoff consideration using the same logic that was used for Don Lugo above.
5) Montclair (3-6, 1-3): Eliminated from playoff consideration.
6) Ontario (1-8, 0-4): Eliminated from playoff consideration.