In his first NFL start, Green Bay quarterback Brett Hundley showed the feet that helped him become the second-leading rushing quarterback in UCLA history, but he didn’t unleash the arm that owns his alma mater’s record in passing touchdowns.
Hundley rushed for 44 yards on three carries with a 14-yard touchdown in Green Bay’s 26-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints last Sunday, but threw for only 87 yards on 12-for-25 passing with one interception.
#Packers QB Brett Hundley scrambles for a 14 yard TD!
Nailed his Lambeau Leap, as well.pic.twitter.com/A51ANvqwEZ
— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) October 22, 2017
The Saints scored 10 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to pull away late.
Aaron Rodgers is out indefinitely with a broken collarbone, but in his third year behind the star quarterback, Hundley is confident he can improve on his first start.
“I’ve been learning from [Rodgers] for three years and all I have to say is, don’t write us off,” Hundley told reporters. “I think that’s the biggest thing. We’ve got to get better and we will get better, but we’re not out [of it].
On other Bruins in the NFL:
- Anthony Barr had 11 tackles (with three tackles for loss and a sack) in Minnesota’s win over the Ravens and is, according to the Star-Tribune, playing “with a lot of fire.”
- Eric Kendricks had a team-high 13 tackles and three tackles for loss. The two UCLA linebackers combined for 24 tackles.
- Eli Ankou is now a formal resident of “Sacksonville” after the Jaguars rookie tallied his first NFL sack last Sunday against the Colts. He had two tackles and a half-sack in Jacksonville’s 27-0 win.
- The Jaguars had 10 sacks and are on pace to break the NFL record. Fellow former Bruin Myles Jack had one sack Sunday.
- Fabian Moreau injured his hamstring during Washington’s Monday Night Football loss to the Eagles.
- Paul Perkins has missed three straight games for the New York Giants with a rib injury. He had only 32 carries for 61 yards this season.
- Cassius Marsh blocked a field goal for the Patriots in their win over Atlanta.
The @Patriots deny the Falcons FG attempt! ✋ #ATLvsNE #GoPats pic.twitter.com/GOAy6Rejmj
— NFL (@NFL) October 23, 2017
- Kenny Clark is dominating for the Packers
A look at Kenny Clark’s recent dominance from @PFF_Sam https://t.co/HRzo7TE0Wv pic.twitter.com/n7N2vTICHD
— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) October 23, 2017