One win down.
UCLA came away with a 42-21 victory over UNLV at the Rose Bowl on Saturday with one more game left in the nonconference season. It was a good comeback performance for the Bruins after a disappointing loss to Texas A&M, but there was much to be desired, especially on the defensive front. UCLA again struggled to contain a running quarterback and gave up 175 rushing yards to the Rebels. UNLV quarterback Johnny Stanton had 46 rushing yards on 10 carries with one touchdown while his offense was 8-for-15 on third down conversions.
Links to wrap up the game:
- Recap from Clay Fowler: Bruins pull away late to beat UNLV
- Examining the UCLA offense and Josh Rosen‘s bounce-back performance
- From columnist Jeff Miller: Rosen leads UCLA to victory with his passing – and blocking
- Notebook on Eddie Vanderdoes‘ knee injury and Stanton’s not-so-happy homecoming
- Highlights and sound bites from our videographer Jonathan Khamis
- Photos from the game from staff photographer Keith Birmingham
- Game GIFs: post-game reaction to the victory
- Video interviews