Josh Rosen came to the sideline and took off his helmet. Blood was smeared all over his face.
A face mask penalty during the fourth quarter against Arizona State on Saturday was one of the few major hits on Rosen as the junior returned from a one-game absence and led the Bruins to a 44-37 win over the Sun Devils. ASU, the No. 8 team in the country in sacks, didn’t record a sack against UCLA as Rosen completed 25 of 45 passes for 381 yards, one touchdown and one interception.
The Bruins (5-5, 3-4 Pac-12) notched a critical victory, sustaining their bowl hopes with two regular-season games left. By improving to 5-0 at home this year, UCLA needs only one win out of next week’s rivalry game at USC and Nov. 24’s regular-season finale at the Rose Bowl against California to secure bowl eligibility.
Links to wrap up the game:
- The Bruins rediscover the fun of football in win over Arizona State
- Notebook: Jim Mora on the pregame banners flying around the Rose Bowl that were calling for his job and Mossi Johnson‘s first official start at safety
- Photo gallery from staff photographer Keith Birmingham
- Game GIFs: Fan reaction to UCLA’s fifth straight win at home this season
- Video interviews
- UCLA and USC get a prime-time slot for next week’s rivalry game
- The Arizona Republic on Arizona State: The Sun Devils left disappointed after losing a game they should have won
An in-depth review of the game: Continue reading “About last night: A review of UCLA’s 44-37 win over Arizona State” »