GLENDALE, Ariz. — The Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks renewed a rivalry Monday.
At least that seemed to be the opinion of an overzealous home-plate umpire, Tom Woodring, who ejected two Diamondbacks pitchers, manager Chip Hale, and bench coach Glenn Sherlock, when four different players were hit by pitches in a spring training game. The Dodgers won 7-4.
Things settled down until Turner was hit again in the fifth inning, this time by former Dodgers prospect Allen Webster, who was promptly ejected by Woodring along with Hale. When Dodgers minor-league call-up Dillon Moyer was hit with a pitch by Derek Eitel in the eighth inning, both Eitel and Sherlock (the acting manager) were tossed.
Clayton Kershaw’s bobblehead graciously posed for this picture posted to the Dodgers’ official Twitter account.
The Dodgers filled out their 2015 bobblehead lineup Friday with four heavy hitters: Sandy Koufax on August 13 (vs. Reds, 7:10 p.m.), Justin Turner on September 1 (vs. Giants, 7:10 p.m.), Fernando Valenzuela on September 16 (vs. Rockies, 7:10 p.m.) and Vin Scully on September 23 (vs. Diamondbacks, 7:10 p.m.).
The Dodgers will offer 10 total bobblehead giveaways this year. The other six:
· May 12 (7:10 pm) vs. Miami Marlins; Clayton Kershaw Bobblehead
· May 23 (7:10 pm) vs. Colorado Rockies; Adrian Gonzalez Bobblehead
· June 4 (7:10 pm) vs. St. Louis Cardinals; Kenley Jansen Bobblehead
· July 6 (7:10 pm) vs. Philadelphia Phillies; Maury Wills Bobblehead
· July 11 (7:10 pm) vs. Milwaukee Brewers; Juan Uribe Bobblehead
· July 29 (7:10 pm) vs. Oakland Athletics; Yasiel Puig Bobblehead
The Dodgers also added two postgame movie nights to the 2015 calendar: The Lego Movie on June 20 (4:15 p.m. vs. San Francisco) and Back to the Future on August 15 (6:10 p.m. vs. Cincinnati).
Screenings are free with a game-day ticket. Fans sitting in the right field pavilion and left field pavilion will be invited down to the field postgame for a better viewing experience.