— Cary Willborn (@RCHS_Cougars) January 21, 2016
A second half goal by Rancho Cucamonga’s Lauren Perry proved to be the difference in the Cougars’ Baseline League home victory over Los Osos, 2-1, on Jan. 20.
Devyn Kelsey of the Grizzlies provided the early lead with a goal in the first half but it was Olore Imoohi of the Cougars, who was responsible for tying the game after a successful free kick opportunity.
It was the first league win of the season for Rancho Cucamonga (10-2-2, 1-1-1) while the Grizzlies suffer their third straight league loss.
- Olivia Seddon struck first for Chino Hills in the 2-0 victory over Upland with a shot to the upper right corner. Madeleine Tarin added to the lead with a header off an assist from Jessica Miclat.
- Jordan Tadros had one goal and an assist in the first half for St. Lucy’s in the victory over Etiwanda, 2-1. Tadros was credited for the assist on the goal scored by Nicole Leggio. The only score of the second half came off a penalty kick by the Eagles.
Mt. Baldy League:
- Brooke Kortekaas scored three goals in the Braves dominant performance over the Jaguars, 11-0, in Mt. Baldy League play. Ashlyn Farino and Diana Pineda contributed to the Braves’ shutout victory with two goals apiece. Allison Brossard, Kastel Heinold, Alex Hargrave and Caitlyn Sanchez also scored in the game.
- Colony defeated Chaffey, 3-1. Christine Vandenberg, Caeylee Esquivel and Natalie Treto all scored for the Titans in the second half against the Tigers.
Citrus Belt League:
- Gaby Hinojosa had three goals for Citrus Valley in the 8-0 win over Eisenhower while Valerie Warren added two goals.
- Johanna Mota scored a pair of goals for Carter in the first over Redlands, 2-0.
- Marina Medeiros had eight saves for Redlands East Valley in the Citrus Belt League victory over Yucaipa, 3-1. Hailey Montoya, Brenna Dolen and Aly Olsen each scored for the Wildcats.
- Bloomington remains undefeated this season following its 6-0 victory over Fontana.
FONTANA 3, VISTA MURRIETA 0 >> Alejandro Sanchez, Beto Ramirez and Santiago Gomez each scored a goal for the Steelers (10-1-3) in the Riverside Poly Tom Tilson Tournament semifinal game against the Broncos. The first two goals for the Steelers were scored within the first 10 minutes of play. Fontana will play at 10:30 a.m. today against Norco in the tournament finals.
FONTANA 2, RIVERSIDE KING 0 >> Santiago Gomez scored both goals for the Steelers in the Riverside Poly Tom Tilson Tournament quarterfinal victory over the Wolves.
NORCO 1, RIALTO 0 >> Finn McDaniel scored the game-winning goal for the Cougars in Riverside Poly Tom Tilson Tournament semifinal game against the Knights (7-4-3). Norco will play at 10:30 p.m. today against Fontana in the tournament finals.
Other local results from Poly Tournament on Monday:
Rialto 1, Hillcrest 0
Riverside Poly 4, Palm Springs 0
Palm Desert 3, Los Osos 1
Rankings for Dec. 9th
Boys Rankings: Here
Girls Rankings: Here
Also, do not forget to tell your coach to nominate a player for athlete of the week. E-mail the athlete’s full name and stats for the week to James.Williams@LANGnews.com and Sports@InlandNewspapers.com
For more information go to SoCalPrepLegends.com