Take a peek: Crime Time
At a press conference in Los Angeles this morning federal agents laid out some of the details of “Operation Sunflower” targeting child pornographers. Part of the case involved the announce ment of a federal criminal complaint filed against two people known only as John and Jane Doe. The couple are allegedly involved in the production of child pornography.
This from a U.S. Justice Department press release:
Seeking leads in an unsolved child sexual exploitation case, federal authorities today announced the filing of a federal criminal complaint against two individuals – known only as “John Doe” and “Jane Doe” – who are charged with producing child pornography.
In relation to the filing of the case against the unidentified man and woman, authorities today released photographs connected to the investigation, which has determined that the child pornography images were likely produced in the Los Angeles area. Authorities hope the photos will prompt members of the public to provide information that will lead to arrests in this case.
The criminal complaint, which was filed Monday, involves a widely circulated series of child pornography images which authorities believe were taken about 11 years ago in the San Fernando Valley. Despite their investigative efforts, special agents with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) have been unable to determine the identities of the defendants. While the girl being sexually abused in the images is now likely an adult, authorities continue to pursue the case for several reasons, including bringing the defendants to justice and preventing the abuse of additional victims.
“We need the public’s help in identifying the man and woman responsible for molesting this young girl, whose victimization has continued with the trading of these images by those who collect child pornography,” said United States Attorney André Birotte Jr. “The Justice Department is deeply committed to protecting all of our children by investigating and prosecuting these types of child exploitation crimes.”
Three-time Olympian runner Suzy Favor Hamilton has admitted leading a double life as an escort. She apologized Thursday after a report by The Smoking Gun website said she had been working as a prostitute in Las Vegas.
Suzy Favor Hamilton of the US wins the womens’ 1500-meter run at the Prefontaine Classic 27 May 2001 in Eugene, Oregon, with a time of 4:06.93. JOHN GRESS/AFP/Getty Images.
In this photo taken July 17, 2012 Suzy Favor Hamilton poses for a portrait at her home in Shorewood Hills a suburb of Madison, Wis. The three-time Olympian has admitted leading a double life as an escort. She apologized Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, after a report by The Smoking Gun website said she had been working as a prostitute in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Michael Sears)
In this Nov. 3, 2012, file photo, Suzy Favor Hamilton, second from right, a former U.S. Olympian, dances on the stage at the finish line after competing in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon in Savannah, Ga. The three-time Olympian has admitted leading a double life as an escort. She apologized Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, after a report by The Smoking Gun website said she had been working as a prostitute in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/Savannah Morning News, Richard Burkhart)
Suzy Hamilton runs down the track during the US Olympic Trials. Mandatory Credit: Mike Powell /Allsport
An ad purportedly featuring the Olympian for a “Girlfriend Experience.” (The Smoking Gun)
A memorial made of teddy bears is seen at a makeshift memorial of flowers and balloons next to the Sandy Hook Elementary school sign in Sandy Hook, Connecticut December 15, 2012. Investigators assembled “some very good evidence” to explain what drove a 20-year-old gunman to slaughter 20 children and six adults at an elementary school, police said on Saturday, a day after one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history shattered a small Connecticut town. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton
A sign honoring the victims of the Sandy Hook elementary school shootings is seen outside a home in Sandy Hook, Connecticut December 15, 2012. Investigators assembled “some very good evidence” to explain what drove a 20-year-old gunman to slaughter 20 children and six adults at an elementary school, police said on Saturday, a day after one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history shattered a small Connecticut town. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton
Outside St. Rose de Lima Church in Newtown, memorial service. Melanie Stengel/New Haven Register
Sign hanging from a window that says “Hug A Teacher Today” hanging from a window in downtown Sandy Hook in Newtown, Conn. Saturday, December 15, 2012 approximately one mile from the entrance to the scene of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on Riverside Road and Dickinson Drive in Newtown, Conn. that claimed the lives of 6 adults and 20 children Friday, December 14, 2012. Photo by Peter Hvizdak / New Haven Register
Relatives react outside Sandy Hook Elementary School following a shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, December 14, 2012. At least 27 people, including 18 children, were killed on Friday when at least one shooter opened fire at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, CBS News reported, citing unnamed officials. REUTERS/Michelle McLoughlin
Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown CT December 14, 2012