— Cary Willborn (@RCHS_Cougars) January 21, 2016
A second half goal by Rancho Cucamonga’s Lauren Perry proved to be the difference in the Cougars’ Baseline League home victory over Los Osos, 2-1.
Devyn Kelsey of the Grizzlies provided the early lead with a goal in the first half but it was Olore Imoohi of the Cougars, who was responsible for tying the game after a successful free kick opportunity.
It was the first league win of the season for Rancho Cucamonga (10-2-2, 1-1-1) while the Grizzlies suffer their third straight league loss.
- Olivia Seddon struck first for Chino Hills in the 2-0 victory over Upland with a shot to the upper right corner. Madeleine Tarin added to the lead with a header off an assist from Jessica Miclat.
- Jordan Tadros had one goal and an assist in the first half for St. Lucy’s in the victory over Etiwanda, 2-1. Tadros was credited for the assist on the goal scored by Nicole Leggio. The only score of the second half came off a penalty kick by the Eagles.
Mt. Baldy League:
- Brooke Kortekaas scored three goals in the Braves dominant performance over the Jaguars, 11-0, in Mt. Baldy League play. Ashlyn Farino and Diana Pineda contributed to the Braves’ shutout victory with two goals apiece. Allison Brossard, Kastel Heinold, Alex Hargrave and Caitlyn Sanchez also scored in the game.
- Colony defeated Chaffey, 3-1. Christine Vandenberg, Caeylee Esquivel and Natalie Treto all scored for the Titans in the second half against the Tigers.
Citrus Belt League:
- Gaby Hinojosa had three goals for Citrus Valley in the 8-0 win over Eisenhower while Valerie Warren added two goals.
- Johanna Mota scored a pair of goals for Carter in the first over Redlands, 2-0.
- Marina Medeiros had eight saves for Redlands East Valley in the Citrus Belt League victory over Yucaipa, 3-1. Hailey Montoya, Brenna Dolen and Aly Olsen each scored for the Wildcats.
- Bloomington remains undefeated this season following its 6-0 victory over Fontana.