Baja Fresh is giving its Facebook fans a free burrito with the purchase of a large soda tomorrow (September 1).
The giveaway will take place from 2 to 5:30 p.m. while supplies last. (Do they just close their doors if they run out of burrito fixin’s?)
Of course, to take advantage of this offer, you gotta jump through a few hoops:
- You have to have a Facebook account. If not, you gotta sign up.
- We haven’t quite figured out whether you have to become a fan of Baja Fresh on Facebook to get the offer, but we think you do.
- After logging into Facebook, you have to print out the Facebook page with the free burrito flier and the comments below it and bring it with you, along with a valid ID matching your user name from the top right corner of the printout, to redeem the offer.
- One offer per customer, ‘natch.
- Not valid with any other offer or discount, ditto.
- The offer is only valid on chicken, steak and carnitas burritos. It’s not valid on shrimp, mahi mahi, crispy mahi mahi, “Enchilado” style, and Dos Manos burritos. No word on the grilled veggie burrito, though.
- Good at participating locations only. Not valid at the following locations: Studio City; Westwood Village; West L.A.; Santa Monica; Brentwood; West Hollywood, Santa Monica Blvd.; West Hollywood, Sunset Blvd.; Miracle Mile; Sherman Oaks; Hollywood Blvd.; Sunset and Vine; Century City; USC; LAX; Irvine, Main St.; Anaheim Hilton; Cerritos; Arroyo Grande; San Luis Obispo; San Diego Airport; San Ramon; Vacaville; Wheaton, MD; Pentagon Row; Bellevue; Excalibur Hotel and Casino; Tampa Airport; Marina Del Rey; Manhattan Beach; Long Beach; Torrance; and Westchester, LA. Apparently, the Inland Empire locations are participating.
Why the restrictions? During a similar giveaway July 22, Baja Fresh was expecting to only give away less than 1,800 burritos, which was the number of Facebook fans when they made the original announcement.
Of course, this being the Internet, everybody and their brother and sister and aunt and second cousin twice-removed found out about it and printed out the coupon. Facebook fans alone nearly doubled after the announcement.
The company ended up giving away 50,000 burritos. Whoops!
So, if you’re willing to jump through the hoops, more power to ya. Me? I’ll be sitting this one out.