Today (August 6) is national Root Beer Float Day, and three fast food chains are offering special deals in honor of the day.
It’s the day when 7-Eleven traditionally offers free Slurpees, but today is special, because it’s the 50th anniversary of the frozen treat.
So, head to your local 7-Eleven between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. and get your free small Slurpee (the convenience store chain just introduced a birthday cake flavor), and then make sure you download the 7-Eleven app on your smartphone.
We’re giving away Free Haus Dogs All Day on Friday! Come #GetStuffed with any of these delicious Haus Dogs, including our #Freebird. Hope to see you at our Grand Opening!
Posted by Dog Haus Corona on Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Dog Haus has finally arrived in the Inland Empire!
The Pasadena-born chain will be giving away Haus Dogs (your choice of hot dogs or sausages) from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday (April 8) at its first Inland Empire location — 350 N. McKinley St., Suite 102, Corona.
In addition, the first 24 people in line on Friday will receive a free Dog Haus combo every month for five months, and a free T-shirt and cap.
The event will run from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., with the following highlights:
- Ribbon cutting ceremony at 11 a.m.
- Free frozen yogurt and toppings from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Balloon artist from 3 to 6 p.m.
- A $5 unlimited cup of yogurt from 3 to 11 p.m.
- DJ with music and giveaways from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Drawing for prizes including a TV, two Kindle Fires and Yogurtland gift cards at 9 p.m.
It only took 40 years, but Miguel’s Jr. is now serving breakfast.
The morning meal is currently available at the chain’s Fontana, Ontario and Galleria at Tyler locations.
On Tuesday (January 23), the chain will begin serving breakfast at its south Corona location, too.
It’s something its customers have been wanting for a long time.
“People would always ask us ‘When are you going to serve breakfast?’ ‘One of these days.’ Well, that day is here,” said co-founder Mary Vasquez at a recent launch celebration.
The last few years, the Corona-based Mexican restaurant had been offering breakfast items during Christmastime at its Galleria at Tyler location, as sort of a test run for when the time was right to begin serving it year-round.
In November, the Fontana location became the first to begin serving breakfast daily.
Miguel’s Jr.’s breakfast menu consists of six burritos and three plates:
- Carne Asada: Grilled steak, eggs, cheddar cheese and chile verde-marinated potatoes. ($8.59)
- Chorizo: Mexican-style sausage, eggs, refried beans and chile verde-marinated potatoes. ($5.99)
- Green Pig: Marinated pork, eggs, cheddar cheese and chile verde-marinated potatoes. ($6.49)
- Machaca: Shredded beef seasoned with tomatoes, bell peppers and onions, eggs and refried beans. ($6.49)
- Spud: Eggs, chile verde-marinated potatoes and cheddar cheese. ($4.99)
- Sunrise: Bacon, eggs, cheddar cheese and chili verde-marinated potatoes. ($5.99)
- Americano: Scrambled eggs, chile verde marinated potatoes, tortillas and choice of bacon, chile verde pork or carne asada. (Bacon $5.99 / Carne asada $8.59 / Chili verde pork $6.49)
- Chorizo: Served with Spanish rice, refried beans and tortillas. ($5.99)
- Machaca: Served with Spanish Rice, refried beans and tortillas. ($6.49)
Breakfast hours are 6 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
In celebration of the introduction of the chain-wide breakfast rollout, the chain is hosting a “Pajama Jam Family Morning Out” from 7 to 8 a.m. Saturday (January 30) at the south Corona location, 2320 Compton Ave. Guests who wear their pajamas to the restaurant will receive a Green Pig burrito and coffee for free. They’ll also be giving out T-shirts while quantities last.
In addition, Tuesday through Sunday (January 26 to 31) guests at the south Corona location can receive a free coffee with any breakfast entrée purchase.
To further the celebration, guests that “check-in” at the south Corona location on Facebook and post a message or photo of breakfast support will receive a coupon for a free breakfast burrito valid on their next visit, while supplies last.
The chain will continue to roll out breakfast to another location every two weeks, with all 14 locations expected to be serving breakfast by mid-June. A new location under construction in Riverside will serve breakfast when it opens this summer.
We’re also getting into the celebration. Thanks to the generous folks at Miguel’s Jr., we’ve got five $10 gift cards and five coupons for free breakfast burritos at the south Corona location to give away.
All you need to do to enter is simply leave a comment below. Good luck!
Here are the rules:
- One comment per person.
- Your email address or social media account (linked to your Disqus profile) will only be used to contact you in the event you win.
- Employees of MediaNews Group/Digital First Media and its affiliates, along with members of the employees’ immediate families are ineligible to win. Sorry, Mom.
- The contest ends at 5 p.m. PST Monday, February 1, 2016.
- Ten (10) winners will be chosen at random via random.org after the close of the contest. Five (5) winners will receive a coupon for a free breakfast burrito from the south Corona Miguel’s Jr. location. Five (5) winners will receive a $10 Miguel’s Jr. gift card.
- Winners agree to have their name mentioned in the Dine 909 blog and/or newspaper column.
Update: Everybody wins!
Since there were only nine entries, everyone who entered has won a prize!
Based on our random.org draw, here’s how the prizes will be divided:
- $10 gift card: Rebecca Childers, Teresa Reyes, ReadorDie, Raylene Sausedo and Shawna Hemstreet.
- Breakfast burrito: Kendra Farmer, Shayla Nash Simien, Sheri Sevilla and Jessica Chavoya.
And just because I don’t want to have another drawing just to give away that last breakfast burrito, I’m also giving the first-picked entry — Rebecca Childers — that other breakfast burrito coupon. Enjoy!
Check your inbox for an email asking for your address to send your prize to.
Thanks for playing!
The recently-opened Eastvale Juice It Up! is hosting its grand opening from 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturday (December 19).
The first 50 customers will receive a free small smoothie. In addition, all drinks will be half-price.
There will be a ribbon-cutting ceremony with the Eastvale Chamber of Commerce at 3 p.m.
During the event, there will be giveaways and raffles for gift cards and Juice It Up! merchandise.
The pizzeria is celebrating its grand opening tomorrow (December 8).
The first 52 customers in line when the restaurant opens at 11 a.m. will receive a free pizza or salad.
Veterans Day is here, and many restaurants (both local and national) are offering deals and free food for current and former servicemembers.
Most offers require that you show some sort of military ID. Be sure to check the details on their websites for more info before heading out.
Head over the jump for the list:
Coffee’s not the only thing you can get for free tomorrow (September 29).
Stop by BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, spend $9.95 or more, and get a free regular-sized chocolate chunk Pizookie!
Inland Empire BJ’s locations include San Bernardino, Rancho Cucamonga, Chino Hills, Corona, Moreno Valley, Menifee and Temecula.
For more information, click here.
Tomorrow (September 29) is National Coffee Day and several chains are offering freebies and deals in honor of the occasion.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts is giving guests a free Original Glazed doughnut and a free 12-ounce cup of coffee at participating locations. The Inland Empire’s sole Krispy Kreme is at 4485 Mills Circle in Ontario. For more information, click here.
Dunkin’ Donuts is giving guests a free medium hot or iced Dark Roast coffee tomorrow. Inland Empire locations include Upland (355 S. Mountain Ave.) and Barstow (1611 E. Main St.). Click here for more information.